Our ‘Safe Care’ Procedure
Englewood Health is here for you to care for our community. Rest assured, your team at Englewood Health is ready to care for you in a safe environment and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit.
Whether you are coming to our main hospital, one of our offices in the Englewood Health Physician Network, or our imaging centers, we have made many changes to how we handle your appointment.
We’re calling it Safe Care.
This page will let you know what to expect from Safe Care, including:
- How to use MyChart, our patient portal, to fill out forms and sign documents online before your visit
- What to do when you arrive for your visit
- How we will keep you safe when you’re here for your visit
MyChart Patient Portal
MyChart is our patient portal, which gives you access to your health information online and securely. If you are not already signed up for MyChart, your doctor’s office or our hospital scheduling team can get you set up.
MyChart is an important part of Safe Care. Through a feature called eCheck-in, you can fill out forms in MyChart up to 7 days before your next visit, from the comfort and safety of your own home. This means no more spending time in the waiting room filling out paper forms.
Once you are finished with your appointment, you will use MyChart to schedule any follow-up appointments or complete any additional forms.
MyChart has lots of other benefits. This portal lets you:
- Manage your appointments.
- Access your test results.
- Communicate with your doctor.
- Request prescription refills.
- Share your MyChart record with other providers.
- Upload a picture of your insurance card.
- Pay bills online.
Coming for Your Visit
To help keep you safe, we are limiting the number of people in our waiting rooms and offices. To reduce face-to-face contact, we may call you to collect important registration information.
We will also send you text messages about your appointment:
- 24 hours before your appointment, you will receive a text from us to confirm your appointment. We will also use this time to check in to see if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. If so, we may need to reschedule – someone will follow up with you to discuss your symptoms. If you begin to develop symptoms within one day of your appointment, please contact your doctor’s office or the office where your appointment is.
- Then one hour before your appointment, you will get another text message. This message will ask you to text us back once you have arrived at the hospital or office. Why? To help minimize the number of people in our waiting rooms, we are asking you to wait in your car until we are ready to call you in. Once you come in, you will head straight to an exam room or treatment area. If you arrive in a car service or public transportation, we will have another designated safe place where you can wait.
When you come into our facility, we will quickly check your temperature.
Please be sure to bring a mask or cloth covering. If you arrive without one, we will provide one for you to wear. You must wear this throughout your visit. Our team members will also be wearing masks.
During Your Visit
During your appointment, you will see fewer staff members than normal, and our staff is practicing social distancing. The goal is to minimize direct contact with many people to help keep you safe.
We are also following cleaning protocols as recommended by the CDC, such as cleaning rooms in between patients.
After your appointment, you will use MyChart to schedule any follow-up appointments or complete any additional forms.
As a reminder, visitors are highly restricted right now. This includes people accompanying patients to their appointments. Learn more about our visitation restrictions.
Valet parking at Englewood Hospital is currently suspended. If you need help getting from the parking garage to the entrance, we have drivers in golf carts to help you.
We hope these details have reassured you of our commitment to deliver care safely. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please speak to your doctor.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you.