Internal Medicine Residency Program
Welcome from the Director
Residency Program Director | Full profile
Welcome to the Englewood Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program webpage. I am so happy you chose to stop by and learn more about our program. At the forefront of any hospital’s success should be the delivery of top-notch care to the patients it serves. In addition to this, as a residency program, we measure our success by the achievements and well-being of our trainees. Here at Englewood, we take pride in knowing that our residents are provided excellent clinical experiences with balanced autonomy and supervision, mentorship, career counseling and a familial atmosphere to grow and thrive.
With many of our residents being far away from their families and social networks, it’s very important for them to have listening ears, shoulders to cry on, and a cheering squad to celebrate attained goals—we are just that! Our committed faculty are dedicated to helping each of our residents identify and celebrate their strengths and assess their areas for improvement all with the goal of aiding them to reach their fullest potential.
We pride ourselves on maintaining open doors and listening to feedback from our residents so that we can implement changes that will continue to meet their needs while supporting the mission of our program. Our program’s success is a direct reflection of the dedication of our faculty, but most importantly because of our hard-working residents.
Some of the highlights of our program are seen below:
- Fully accredited by the ACGME in good standing with no program citations
- “6+2” block scheduling
- Collegial and collaborative atmosphere that values work/life balance and prioritizes faculty and resident well-being
- Comprehensive training in both ambulatory and inpatient clinical settings with a full range of support services
- Socioeconomically and culturally diverse patient population with exposure to varied pathology providing a stimulating training experience with broad diagnostic challenges
- Graduated clinical experience to successfully prepare learners for post graduate experience
- 24-hour Hospitalist and Intensivist supervision
- Geographic admitting structure
- Comprehensive didactic curriculum includes daily conferences encompassing a broad variety of core and subspecialty topics in Internal Medicine
- Advanced Patient Safety and Quality Improvement curricula
- Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Curriculum
- Simulation training in compassionate communication, procedures, and emergency codes
- Peer mentorship and assigned faculty advisors for professional development and career coaching
- Internal medicine boards pass above national average
- Competitive fellowship match placement
- Nationally recognized Institute for Patient Blood Management & Bloodless Medicine and Surgery
- Commitment to creating and celebrating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
As stewards of our program, we seek trainees who are enthusiastic, diligent, curious, collegial, and have the potential to become leaders in healthcare. In return, we will provide a safe, nurturing, innovative, diverse and inclusive environment that promotes learning and a personal commitment to excellence and professional growth. Whether you’re applying for a 1-year preliminary or 3-year categorical program, if that fits your description and describes your ideal training environment, please take some time to explore our website and learn about what our program has to offer.
I hope to meet you soon!