Margit Kaufman, MD
Caring for patient's throughout their entire perioperative period is a passion of mine. I try to understand my patient's concerns about their entire surgical stay and create an individualized anesthetic plan to make my patient's experience as best it can be. As a critical care physician, I also have the honor and privilege to treat patient's during their most tenuous and stressful times. Spending time bedside with the patient's and their family members is a rewarding experience.
Specialties, Procedures &
Primary Areas of Practice
- Ambulatory Anesthesia
- Epidural Block
- Nerve Blocks
- Obstetrical Anesthesia
- Orthopedic Anesthesia
- Regional Anesthesia
- Thoracic Anesthesia
Northern Valley Anesthesiology - Team Health
350 Engle Street Englewood, NJ 07631Main: 201-894-3238
About Margit Kaufman
Dr. Margit Kaufman is board certfied in anesthesiology and critical care medicine. She obtained her medical degree from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and completed her residency in anesthesiology at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. She continued her training and completed a fellowship in Critical Care Anesthesiology at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Dr. Kaufman treats patients of all ages undergoing surgical treatment or requiring anesthetic care. She also cares for patients in the medical surgical intensive care unit and cardiovascular intensive care unit. Some of her clinical areas of interest in include patient safety and quality improvement, post-ICU care syndrome, and anemia in the critically ill patient.
Active in both state and national anesthesiology and critical care organizations., Dr. Kaufman has co-authored chapters on treatment of anemia in critically ill patient's with Dr. Aryeh Shander. Currently, Dr. Kaufman serves as a manuscript reviewer for the journal Transfusion. Dr. Kaufman has also been an sub-investigator for multiple clinical trials in both the operating room and the intensive care unit. She is a Fellow of the American Society of Anesthesiology.
Honors & Awards
- June 2014 Teaching Award, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Englewood Hospital
- Fellow, American Society of Anesthesiology
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society of Critical Care Anesthesiologists
- NJ State Society of Anesthesiologists
- NJ Society of Critical Care Medicine
Committees and Leadership Positions
- 2018-2019: American Society of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine Committee
- 2017-present: Communications Committee, Society of Critical Care Medicine
- 2015-present: Critical Care Leadership Team, Englewood Hospital
- 2016-Present: Co-Chair of Recruitment, Northern Valley Anesthesiology/TeamHealth Anesthesia
- 2016-Present: Coordinator of New Physician Hires & Orientation Mentor, Department of Anesthesiology & Critical Care Medicine, Englewood Hospital
- 2018-Present: Malignant Hyperthermia Committee, Englewood Hospital
Education & Degrees
- MD: UMDNJ-Robert wood Johnson Medical School
- UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, Critical Care Anesthesiology
- Critical Care Medicine
- Rosenthal S, Howard B, Schlussel Y, Kaufman M: Humanism at Heart: Preserving Empathy in Third Year Medical Students. Academic Medicine. 2011 Mar;86(3):350-8.
- Shander A, Javidroozi M, Gianatiempo C, Gandhi N, Lui J, Califano F, Kaufman M, Naqvi S, Syed F, Aregbeyen O: Outcomes of Protocol-Driven Care of Critically Ill Severely Anemic Patients for Whom Blood Transfusion Is Not an Option. Critical Care Medicine. 2016 June; 44(6): 1109-1115
- Hosseinian L, Kaufman M, Lazar M.: Central Nervous System. In: Reed AP and Yudkowitz F editor. Clinical Cases in Anesthesia 4th edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier 2014. Chapter 91.
- Shander A, Napolitano NM, Kaufman M.: Anemia in the Surgical ICU. In: Martin ND and Kaplan J editor. Principles of Adult Surgical Critical Care. Philadelphia: Springer International Publishing 2016. Chapter 25.