Diabetes Self-Management Education
Diabetes is a disease that affects almost 30 million people in the United States — both young and old. While it can be very serious, good diabetes control can prevent long-term complications or minimize their impact.
If you are being treated for diabetes, it’s very important that you have the skills to manage the disease successfully. Englewood Health’s Diabetes Self-Management Program is designed to help you gain these skills. Our comprehensive program can help you and your family gain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes you need to achieve and maintain control of your diabetes.
Why Choose Englewood Health’s Diabetes Self-Management Program?
- We are recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education
- Our team includes experienced certified diabetes educators, including registered nurses and registered dietitians
- We offer both individual diabetes counseling, scheduled to accommodate your needs
- Our group diabetes education sessions provide you with the opportunity to interact with others who have diabetes
- We encourage you to bring a family member or friend to the program for additional support
The program is open to:
- Those requiring changes in their diabetes treatment plan
- Individuals newly diagnosed
- Those looking for assistance to better manage their diabetes
Appointments and Insurance
To schedule an appointment or for additional information, call 201-894-3335. The program is covered by Medicare and most insurance providers. A referral or prescription from your healthcare provider is needed.