Condition H allows patients and families to call for immediate help in cases of emergency or if they have serious concerns about a patient. A patient or family member can call a Condition H if, after speaking with a member of the healthcare team (e.g., nurse or physician), you continue to have serious concerns about your or the patient’s condition, such as a noticeable medical change, uncontrolled bleeding, unresponsiveness, or severe difficulty breathing.
To activate a Condition H:
- Dial ext. 7828 from any hospital phone
- Identify the call as a “Condition H”
- Provide the patient’s name and room number
- Press the nurse call bell
- The operator will activate the Condition H Rapid Response Team