September 25, 2021
8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
This is an online event.
Back to calendar
Saturday, September 25 and Sunday, September 26, 2021
CPAN®/CAPA® Exam Review Webinar
Sign-in begins at 7:30 a.m.
Each day includes a one hour lunch break, as well as a morning and afternoon break of 15 minutes each. The order of lectures presented and break times may vary according to speaker preference.
Day 1, Saturday, September 25 - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The Test
- Practice Standards
- Legal, Regulatory and Professional Issues
- Assessment of the Perianesthesia Patient
- Age Specific Care
- Patient Clinical Data Related to Perianesthesia Nursing
- ABG Interpretation
Day 2, Sunday, September 26 - 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Herbal Drugs and Homeopathic Treatments Related to Anesthesia Outcomes
- Medications in the Perianesthesia Setting
- Perianesthesia Complications
RN/LPN/LVN/Other: 13.75 Contact Hours
MED-ED, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
MED-ED, Inc. is an approved provider by the following State Boards of Nursing: Florida/FBN 50-126, lowa/296, California/#CEP10453.
Meg Suermondt, BSN, RN, CCRN, CPAN, CAPA
Meg has spent nearly 30 years as a nurse for adult and pediatric patients in emergency departments, critical care units and perianesthesia care units. A veteran of both bedside nursing and management, she now practices as a traveling nurse. Meg has held eleven state and territorial RN licenses, and has worked in PACUs, ICUs and ERs across the nation from Alaska to the U.S. Virgin Islands. Meg holds dear a passion for learning, teaching, sharing and promoting the patient-nurse experience. An advocate of professional growth, information networking and credentialing, she is a member of AACN, ENA and ASPAN™.
MED-ED reserves the right to substitute an equally qualified speaker if necessary.
This course is designed for nurses working in the perianesthesia setting who plan to take the CPAN/CAPA Exam. The course will focus on core concepts defined by ASPAN™ for caring for all populations.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program prepares the learner to:
- Describe the CPAN/CAPA Exam, test plan and the practice requirements to sit for the exam.
- Construct a study plan for the exam based on understanding the blueprint and domains of practice covered.
- Identify common mistakes and pitfalls that are made during studying and testing for the exam.
- Recall the core components covered in the exam through didactic supplementation and test questions.
Includes Electronic Program Manual and CE Certificate
Englewood Health Employees
$225 for both days
$125 for one day
Webinar Presented Via Zoom
Webinar access information and instructions will become available following registration.
Email Briana Kushner at firstname.lastname@example.org.