Heart disease refers to conditions that affect your heart’s muscle, valves, or rhythm. Cardiovascular disease describes conditions that narrow or block blood vessels, which can cause a heart attack, chest pain, or stroke. You can be born with these problems (called congenital conditions) or develop them over time.
Englewood Health’s heart team provides advanced diagnosis and treatment for all types of cardiovascular conditions, including:
- Arrhythmia and atrial fibrillation (AFib): Problems with the heart’s rhythm
- Coronary artery disease: Blockages that hinder blood flow to the heart
- Valve disease: Problems in the valves that move blood through your heart
- Aortic disease: Damaged blood vessels that block blood flow throughout the body
- Heart failure: A chronic condition that prevents your heart from pumping blood properly (also called congestive heart failure)
- Women’s heart health: Specialized diagnosis, treatment, and education to meet women’s unique cardiovascular needs
Extensive Experience, Personal Care
Englewood Health’s specialists treat thousands of people with heart conditions from across New Jersey each year, bringing a personal approach to each and every one. We practice patient- and family-centered care by respecting your concerns and including you as an active partner in managing your health.