The Family Birth Place
The Family Birth Place at Englewood Health features award-winning maternity care services. Our board-certified obstetricians and nurses work with expectant mothers and families to create individualized care plans. Englewood Health’s maternity services—including specialized education and support classes, nutritional support, and access to advanced medical care and neonatal intensive care unit—help make the experience of giving birth the best it can be.
At Englewood Health, we’re committed to providing care in a safe environment. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve made significant changes to increase patient safety as we continue providing state-of-the-art maternity care to new parents and children. When patients arrive at the hospital, their temperature is taken and they are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and asked about recent travel before coming to labor and delivery. They are also given a mask if they do not already have one. Our team is using full personal protective equipment (PPE) and taking every precaution from the moment patients enter labor and delivery, through birth, and after. Only single-patient rooms are being used and we are maintaining visitor restrictions in line with the other units of the hospital. Most importantly, our medical staff is partnering with new parents to facilitate the childbirth experience and the transition into parenthood, while minimizing stress and anxiety, during this unprecedented time in healthcare. Our childbirth education classes and one-on-one sessions with instructors are now being offered virtually so new parents can prepare for the experience, and address questions and concerns, from the comfort of their own homes. As we safely care for our most vulnerable patients, we’re working to ensure this significant time in their lives is as comfortable and healthy as possible. Now, more than ever, we remind everyone of the importance of masking, handwashing, and social distancing—these practices are proven to work.
Why Choose Englewood Health for Childbirth?
Each year, more than 2,500 women trust Englewood Health for the birth of their baby. With a focus on meeting your physical, emotional, and practical needs, our Family Birth Place team offers an experience unlike any other.
Comfortable Accommodations and Amenities
Our Family Birth Place was designed with comfort and safety in mind and features:
- Eight rooms for labor and delivery, with in-room music and docking stations, private bathrooms, and infant resuscitation stations
- Hydrotherapy tubs for labor support
- Two operating rooms for planned or emergency C-sections
- 21 spacious private and 3 semiprivate postpartum rooms in our Mother/Baby Unit (private rooms are assigned when available, but cannot be guaranteed)
- A sleeper sofa for your partner/support person
- Décor and amenities such as modern furnishings in soothing earth tones, hardwood floors, flat-screen televisions, and upholstered chairs with ottomans
- Dimmer lights and other lighting features to eliminate disruptions to mom and baby and provide the appropriate ambiance during the day, evening, and feeding times
- In-room massage therapy services (additional cost), room service including Kosher and Korean specialty items, and other amenities
Sign up for a tour of the Family Birth Place.
Childbirth Education and Support
It’s true that babies don’t come with a manual, but our childbirth education program offers classes to prepare you and your family for your new little one. Our programs include:
- Tours of the Family Birth Place
- Childbirth Class
- Breastfeeding Class
- Infant CPR
- Prenatal Yoga
- Mom 101 Seminars, covering important topics for new mothers such as sleep safety, car seat safety, dental health, and more
- Labor and Delivery Excellence Award from Healthgrades (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019), placing Englewood among the top 10 percent of all hospitals evaluated for the care of mothers during and after labor and delivery.
- 5-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery and C-Section Delivery from Healthgrades (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award from Healthgrades (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Patient Safety Award for Women’s Health from CareChex
Advanced Medical Services
Sometimes your pregnancy or delivery doesn’t go as smoothly as you’d hoped. For high-risk pregnancies or mothers and babies with additional healthcare needs, Englewood Health is ready to meet your needs with advanced services and equipment.
- For women with high-risk pregnancies, our Maternal and Fetal Medicine Center combines medical expertise with advanced technology to diagnose and manage maternal or fetal problems. The center offers ultrasound and other imaging services, a full range of prenatal tests, genetic counseling, and consultations.
- Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is prepared to handle high-risk mothers and newborns and ensure they will have access to high-quality care. We have nurtured some of the smallest, sickest babies back to health, giving guidance and hope to families during what can often feel overwhelming, exhausting, and stressful.
Finding an Obstetrician
Englewood Health has more than 30 obstetricians on staff who delivery babies here. To find an obstetrician, search online or call 833-234-2234.