Application and Admissions
Applications for our class of 2023 will be accepted beginning January 2021.
- Associate’s degree or higher, or enrollment in St. Peter’s College or Fairleigh Dickinson University*
- Application and supporting documents
- In-person test and possible interview
- Background check and medical exam, including the ability to meet technical standards (see below)
- Genuine interest in the medical field as a profession
The school does not accept transfer students or advanced placement credits. Students with such qualifications should enroll in prerequisite college courses to prepare them for admission to the program.
*Applicants must possess an associate’s degree or greater, as mandated by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in order to take the ARRT registry exam, unless they are enrolled in St. Peter’s College, which has an articulation agreement with our program. For information on participating with this agreement, call the Englewood Cliffs campus at 201-761-7484, or the Jersey City campus at 201-761-6439. The School of Radiography also has an articulation agreement with Farleigh Dickinson University in Madison, New Jersey. Students who attend FDU for three years and complete the School of Radiography program will obtain a bachelor of science (BS) degree and a certificate from Englewood Hospital to take the ARRT exam.
Englewood Hospital offers equal educational opportunities to applicants regardless of race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, or national origin.
Technical Standards Requirements
In order to perform all the procedures that would be required of a diagnostic radiographer, applicants must have the ability to:
- Communicate in English to the patient in order to converse and instruct the patient to relieve anxiety and gain cooperation during procedures.
- Perform basic computer skills.
- Hear a patient talk in a normal tone from a distance of 20 feet.
- Observe the patient in order to assess the patient’s condition and/or needs from a distance of at least 20 feet. Corrective devices are allowed to meet the minimum requirements or standards.
- Render services and/or assistance to all patients depending on the individual patient’s needs and ability in moving, turning, getting on and off the X-ray tables, etc.
- Push, pull and lift 40 pounds.
- Stand for periods as long as two hours wearing lead aprons and to walk a distance of two miles during a normal clinical day.
First, interested students must submit an application and all supporting materials:
- Application form, including personal statement
- Application fee
- Signed statement of technical standards
- Signed Notification/Authorization/Release of Information
- Three references (letters of recommendation or completed reference forms)
Applications and all supporting materials must be mailed to:
School of Radiography
350 Engle Street
Englewood, NJ 07631
Next, students will need to take an assessment test in math and reading comprehension.
If the number of qualified applicants exceeds available slots, an interview may be required.
*Transcripts from outside the U.S. must be evaluated by either of the following:
Thomas Edison State College
101 W. State Street, CN 545
Trenton, NJ 08625-0545
World Education Services, Inc.
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10011
Upon completion and review of all materials, applicants will receive an acceptance or rejection letter. Accepted students will be provided a Student Handbook and will make an appointment for a physical examination and drug screening. Prospective students must also provide proof of hepatitis B vaccination and a signed FERPA/Buckley Amendment agreement. Final acceptance to the program is conditional pending results of the physical examination and a criminal background check.
Fees and Tuition
- Application fee: $50 (nonrefundable)
- Matriculation deposit: $500 (nonrefundable; credited to tuition)
- Tuition: $7,500 per year; $15,000 for two-year program (nonrefundable)
- Graduation ceremony fee: $200
- Uniform and books are required and not included in the fees above
All checks should be made payable to Englewood Hospital. Fees are subject to a $100 late fee, with an additional $50 charge for each subsequent month of late payment. This program does not participate with Title IV (financial aid).