High School Volunteer Program
For students age 16 and older.
Due to high demand, we are no longer accepting applications for the 2023-24 school year period. If you are interested in volunteering in summer 2024, please check back early 2024.
If you are at least 16 years old, you can be a high school volunteer.
High school volunteers fulfill many vital and important roles within the medical center. Examples include:
- escorting patients
- delivering flowers
- running errands
- special projects
Time Commitment and Hours
It is preferred that volunteers maintain a regular schedule. All high school volunteers (16 or older) are required to commit to the following work schedule:
- School Year: A weekly commitment of 2 hours between September and June is expected. Assignments are available throughout the week, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. and on Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.; 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.; or 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. We will work with you to accommodate exceptions (vacations, sports, etc).
- Summer: A minimum of one, 3-hour shift a week for 10 weeks between the last week in June and Labor Day. In the summer, assignments are scheduled on weekdays, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
If you are looking for shadowing opportunities, you must make arrangements directly with a health care professional at Englewood Health. If you receive their support, they need to contact the Volunteer Services department for final approval. If you are under 18, the health care professional must be at the hospital. No offsite practices will be allowed to host a volunteer.
Eligibility and Requirements
High school volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Students in the program must have a parent’s or guardian’s permission.
Volunteering at Englewood Hospital is a very rewarding, but serious commitment. Anyone who accepts the responsibility of an assignment must make a special dedication to the welfare of patients and their loved ones, as well as to the medical center. The Volunteer Department expects cooperation from every volunteer and urges all applicants to apply only if they believe they can commit themselves to meeting Englewood Hospital’s standards of excellence.
The following are required in order to be accepted into the volunteer program.
- Health reference consent form and TB test results (included in application below)
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine including booster
- Proof of flu shot (during flu season)
Instructions for providing proof of the COVID-19 and flu vaccine will be provided during the application process.