Patients and families may call for immediate help in cases of emergency or if they have serious concerns about a patient’s condition. This is called a “Condition H.” A patient or family member can call a Condition H if, after speaking with a nurse, physician, or other member of the healthcare team, you continue to have serious concerns, such as a noticeable medical change, uncontrolled bleeding, unresponsiveness, or severe difficulty breathing.
To Activate a Rapid Response (Condition H)
- Dial ext. 7828 from any hospital phone
- Identify the call as a “Condition H”
- Provide the patient’s name and room number
- Press the nurse call bell
- The operator will activate the Condition H Rapid Response Team