The Cahn Family Cancer Care Companion Program
When facing a cancer diagnosis, you and your family have a lot on your minds. You may have many questions about your care, appointments to schedule, and practical concerns to address. But you don’t have to do it alone. The patient navigators in The Cahn Family Cancer Care Companion Program are here to help.
Your patient navigator serves as your direct contact within The Lefcourt Family Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center to:
- Act as a liaison between you and your care team
- Answer questions about your care
- Identify your personal needs and work with your team to customize your care
- Provide emotional support
- Help schedule appointments and coordinate care
- Facilitate communication among your care providers
- Connect you and your family with useful resources in your community
The oncology patient navigator is part of a team of cancer care specialists who work closely together with your needs in mind.